Monday, February 9, 2009

Ensenada-Rosarito Rides again!


I'm happy to spread the word that the Rosarito-Ensenada Fun ride is back on for 2009. When I did the ride back in September, organizers had announced that it was the last year that they would be doing the ride. I'm not sure what had prompted this, it's always been a very successful ride. The only thing I can think of is that the increased violence in the are had diminished registration and the number of riders. As of a couple of weeks ago the website stated that the ride had been canceled, however over the weekend I checked and the ride is on again!

The site states:

"Thanks to support from our participants and from the Mexican Tourism Board, we are pleased to announce the 30th Anniversary Rosarito-Ensenada Bike Rides!"

As in the past there will be a ride in both Spring (April 18, 2009) and Fall (September 26, 2009).

I've done this ride three times. It's a great ride, streets are closed to traffic. It's a beautiful ride down the coast, then it turns inland to a long and challenging climb before winding it's way down to the coast again and the fiesta in Ensenada.

This is a great ride. I'm glad it's on again and am looking forward to participating again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment