Monday, February 16, 2009

Tour de Palm Springs

Tour de Palm Springs
Sat, Feb 14, 2009 - 57.10 mi
57.10 mi in 04:40:03 hours at 12.23 mi/h on Specialized Sequoia Elite.

This was my first Tour de Palm Springs. I have to admit it was a tough ride. The day was cold and windy. I rode in long tights and wore a fleece jacket the whole way around. The first 25 miles or so one is either going on an upgrade, actually climbing or fighting the wind. I think it took me an hour to do the first 8 miles or so. There were a couple of nice downhills, but once those are over the ride from Palm Desert back to Palm Springs is on an upgrade. The lesson of this ride is similar to past lessons...climb, climb, climb.




I had some trouble with my HRM, at the start my computer wasn't working well, it paused itself. so there is about a mile gap. along the route there were some power lines that created some screwey readings. Like a HR of 250 and a max speed of 57.
Posted from My Cycling Log

No comments:

Post a Comment